Digital Video Marketing
PETE GUZZO, DIRECTOR
RICARDO CEBALLOS, DIRECTOR
What is Digital Video Marketing?
Digital video marketing is simply using digitally formatted and transmittable video to promote or market your product, service or brand. Today's strongest marketing campaigns typically include well-produced video. Marketing videos can include videos from promotional events, explainer videos (instructional videos for product use), customer testimonials, industry thought leadership presentations, entertainment videos, and many other options.
Process of Creating Digital Content
Start your video marketing campaign development by first conducting your market research activities, including performing a competitive analysis. Use this essential information to form your advertising strategy. Finally, develop content for your message. Build your content based on your answers to these questions:
- What would you like to have your audience experience, sensorialy and emotionally, from your message?
- What is the central point of the message you want to convey?
- What specific action do you want your audience to take in response to your CTA?
After formulating a strategy for development of your marketing vehicle and message, select a digital video production company to bring your vision to life. Anyone with a video camera can create a short video—but you can't afford to settle for just any piece of video. You need a professional quality outcome. A well-produced video will naturally rise to prominence among its competitors. If it's especially good, it can gain broader recognition across social channels, and appeal to even larger general audiences.
When an online video accomplishes the latter to a very great extent, the phenomenon is known as "going viral". Incidentally, never let your goal be for your marketing video to go viral. To do so is to aim for a wrong goal. And, it's unlikely to happen anyway. Also, it's not necessary. Keep true to the appropriate mission for a marketing campaign—to increase the amount of qualified prospect traffic at your sales site(s), whether online and/or in your physical store.
Digital Marketing Video Quality Checklist
1. Feature the Story, Not the Sale. — There is already a very great volume of content across the world wide web that is currently irritating to consumers. Don’t make your business just another part of the problem by hitting people over the head with sales messaging that will just turn them off. The first rule of video marketing is to focus your video message on communicating the value your company provides for your customers.
- Appeal to your target consumers’ needs and desires, on an emotional level.
- This approach takes a little courage against fear of losing prospects, which means refraining from simply blaring out blatant appeals for new business. Instead, just use a more subtle strategy, such as placing your call to action along with a tracked URL near the end of your video piece.
2. Produce the Best Possible Video. — Remember, you can only expect to hold viewers' attention for about 8 seconds or less, according to Inc. Magazine. So, keep the video short, and get to the point quickly. Manage expectations from the start (within the first 5-10 seconds), by making clear what you're doing.
- Ask questions, and use teasers to capture your audience's attention quickly.
- Quickly convey the value your product or service provides. And, show your audience why they should they continue watching your video—such as because it will amuse, or inspire, or teach them something.
3. Keep Things Light! Do not Be Boring. — Producing a video that bores people is an exercise in wasting your valuable investments of money and time. Puff pieces are not effective, and dry presentations of information do not inspire anybody. Audiences want to laugh, or learn something new, or feel moved. They want to enjoy a moment of being diverted from their daily challenges and routines.
- Don't produce overly-serious material. And, trust that humor and emotionally appealing material are reliably effective in video marketing.
- Don’t confine your business to historical models in your industry, or feel the need to simply mimic your competitors' dry advertising.
- Be a little progressive. Encourage your video producers to take risks to be entertaining. B2B customers have a sense of humor too.
4. Apply SEO Principles — There are abundant methods available for helping make sure that web users can more quickly and easily locate your website in searches.
- Make sure that your video is optimized for search, prior to uploading it to your landing page or posting it on social sites for sharing.
- Enable embedding on your video, to help increase the probability that your video will attract organic marketing links.
- Create a video sitemap.
- Add a strong meta-description, to enable search engine mechanisms to learn what your video content involves, and to catalogue and draw it up accordingly.
- Tag your video with keywords, unique titles, and descriptions.
- Fill out all boxes in Google, to maximize the search engine's help for your ranking.
5. Help Educate Consumers — Among the most powerful uses of video marketing is for educating your target audience, and for thereby establishing yourself as an authority in your field. For example:
- Teach people how to best use your product or service, and ways they can benefit from it.
- Create blog content, or a podcast, newsletter, or webinar, to position your brand as a thought leader, add value to your consumers’ lives, and collect leads in the process.
- Provide testimonials. Harvard Business Review emphasizes the enormous power of online customer testimonials, which many business owners misunderstand or overlook.
- Concentrate your video on the story of your customer's success from using your product/service.
- Learn and apply best practices for marketing through Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.
- Acquire a full understanding of creating and distributing online marketing content, and of various major social platforms where you want to promote your content.
Why Digital Video is Rules Today's Marketing
Video is Easily Accessible. — Consumers can be cost-effectively reached with online video anywhere they are, anytime. Traditional paper advertisements have a sorely limited reach, by comparison.
Video is Exceptionally Effective. — The University of Pittsburg reports statistics on information retention rates that support audio-visual communication as a powerful marketing vehicle. The university's report indicates that information is retained at rates as high as 50% from what is both seen and heard, but only about 30% of what is just seen, only about 20% of what is read, and around a mere 10% of what is only heard.
Video Affects People More Than Text Does. — Video enables viewers to associate a face with a concept. This human connection helps make video imagery more emotionally influential than text.
Video Increases Conversion Rates. — Research indicates that over half of online consumers are more likely to purchase a product they're interested in, after watching a video demonstrating the product.
Video Can Yield Strong SEO Results. — An appropriately tagged video can do a great deal for your SEO.
How Kestum Bilt Can Make Your Digital Content Great
Kestum Bilt is a video production company that provides video content for business owners and marketing department. We help our clients create cutting-edge video content that drives more prospect traffic to their sites. For more information about creating digital video for your business's marketing campaign, contact Kestum Bilt to discuss your company's unique needs in video content.